Responsible to: The trustees of Newcastle-Staffs foodbank
Salary: £10.00 per hour, £7,800 per annum
Full-time / part-time: Part time – 15 hours per week.
Temporary / permanent: Permanent contract for a 12 month period, with potential to extend.
Closing date for applications: October 7th 2020
Interviews date: October 20th 2020
Likely start date: January 1st 2021
Overall responsibility of the job: The project lead, in partnership with the Trustees and with the
support of the Line Manager, will guide the development of the foodbank.
Key tasks and accountabilities:
- Helping to develop and maintain the strategic direction of the Foodbank project, based on evidence gathered
through monitoring and evaluation of our present practices.
- Recognising any gaps in provision and making plans to address those gaps – thereby ensuring clients have good
access to our centres.
- Helping to ensure that operational standards are maintained and standardisation of provision is applied across
Newcastle-Staffs foodbank, and reporting to Trustees either by attending meetings or by provision of written
- Undertaking the annual Quality Assurance Visit from the Trussell Trust.
- Building strong relationships through networking and engagement with external agencies, creating effective
links within the local communities in which we operate.
- A proactive attitude, alongside the drive and enthusiasm to motivate others and work as part of a team.
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
- Good oral communicator who can demonstrate their honesty and integrity.
- Empathy and ability to work with people from disadvantaged, marginalised or socially excluded background.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Confident user of Gmail and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Driver with clean driving licence.
H&S, Environmental Health & Manual Handling as appropriate
Child/Vulnerable adult protection
Terms and Conditions
All appointments are subject to suitable references and the successful completion of a 3 month probation period.
The employee will have a line manager whose responsibility it will be to:
- Be familiar with the work of the employee
- Determine priorities for work
- Act as a ‘sounding board’ for the employee
Newcastle-Staffs foodbank is a charity founded on Christian principles. We all subscribe to the same values, and expect that all team members will support this ethos, irrespective of belief or background.
We rely on over 100 volunteers to provide the service that we do.